OCEAN INK® is the world’s first sustainable and fully biodegradable water-based ink derived from sustainably sourced seaweed. Unique to the market, OCEAN INK® is a pigment and binder in one. It replaces the need for traditional solvent-based inks in versatile applications for textiles, printing, and packaging.
Water-based fully biodegradable ink
Sustainable alternative for solvent-based inks
Ink available in gold and black
Good oil and oxygen barrier properties for screen printing
- A luminescent gold color derived naturally from the seaweed. Well suited for luxury packaging, replacing the need for foil embossing.
- Designed with end-of-life in mind – enters recycling streams without requiring harsh de-inking unlike solvent-based inks.
- Enables the transition to circular fashion models for garment recycling and upcycling.
OCEAN INK® can be screen printed for a range of applications for the luxury packaging and textiles markets:
- Retail packaging includes boxes, hang tags, and labelled products.
- Promotional material – flyers, business cards and posters.
- Apparel and fabrics – OCEANIUM is testing OCEAN INK® on a range of fabrics and materials.
- Lithographic capability in development.
For more information on OCEAN INK® and OCEANIUM materials please contact us via [email protected]
- Harness the natural resilience and protective mechanisms of seaweed
- Utilize OCEANIUM’s green processing technology
- Meet demand for sustainable and clean label ingredients
- Replaces resource intensive products and materials.
- Are sourced from regenerative seaweed farms providing excellent traceability, transparent supply chains and provenance for consumers.
- Contribute to the health of our oceans- providing a value-added story for impact-conscious consumers and helping brands meet their sustainability goals.