OCEAN INK® is the world’s first sustainable and fully biodegradable water-based ink derived from sustainably sourced seaweed. Unique to the market, OCEAN INK® mitigates water pollution by replacing traditional solvent-based inks in versatile applications for luxury textiles, printing, and packaging.
Water-based fully biodegradable ink
Sustainable alternative for solvent-based inks
Ink available in gold and black
Good oil and oxygen barrier properties for screen printing
- Natural gold colour – Lends itself well to luxury, high-end packaging, replacing the need for foil embossing.
- High-print quality – Provides vibrant and rich coloured printing with definition.
- Pigment and binder in one – No need to add binders for applications.
- Durability – OCEAN INK® can be treated with non-toxic chemicals for durable and long lasting prints.
- Enables the transition to circular fashion models for garment recycling and upcycling, OCEAN INK® can also be created to wash away after use.
OCEAN INK® can be screen printed for a range of applications for the luxury packaging and textiles markets:
- Retail packaging includes boxes, hang tags, and labelled products.
- Promotional material – flyers, business cards and posters.
- Apparel and fabrics – OCEANIUM is testing OCEAN INK® on a range of fabrics and materials.
- Lithographic capability in development.
COMMITTED TO IMPACTFUL PRODUCTS
Learn about our commitment to sustainability by sourcing from regenerative seaweed farms, our innovative clean label ingredients and proprietary green processing methods.